Check out the newest podcasts, videos, and updates right here.
One of the hardest aspects of writing a book and putting yourself out there is being on the receiving end of bad reviews. It can rock you or feel like a stab to the heart - but it is part of our world as authors and creators so we have to get stronger with these opinions and the feedback.
Every week, influential indie author Mark Dawson shares excellent advice for authors and writers looking to grow their career.
In this week's Self Publishing Formula podcast, I had the pleasure of speaking with James, Mark's cohost, about 5 types of bad reviews and what to do about them, including:
- Differentiating between a bad opinion and someone who has valuable feedback
- The five different types of negative reviews
- Tips for dealing with each type of review
- Understanding your rights as an author and when to contest a review
- The importance of self-management when dealing with bad reviews
- Relying on the author community and friends we trust for objective opinions
Great. Sounds like you are a human being (smile).
However, as you increase the price points of your offerings, there are certain things you need to keep in mind about what changes as you ask people for more of their money.
Watch this video below for how that works best!
And how it doesn't work well at all.