One of the hardest aspects of writing a book and putting yourself out there is being on the receiving end of bad reviews. It can rock you or feel like a stab to the heart - but it is part of our world as authors and creators so we have to get stronger with these opinions and the feedback.
Every week, influential indie author Mark Dawson shares excellent advice for authors and writers looking to grow their career.
In this week's Self Publishing Formula podcast, I had the pleasure of speaking with James, Mark's cohost, about 5 types of bad reviews and what to do about them, including:
- Differentiating between a bad opinion and someone who has valuable feedback
- The five different types of negative reviews
- Tips for dealing with each type of review
- Understanding your rights as an author and when to contest a review
- The importance of self-management when dealing with bad reviews
- Relying on the author community and friends we trust for objective opinions
Listen to the podcast here, and be sure to download the PDF guide for more strategies and tips, too.
Specific advice for authors, solopreneurs, healers, and experts.